Bengal Cat Long Island, New York
Guidelines For Buying A Bengal Kitten
Buying a kitten is a decision each person must make very carefully. Consider the breed characteristics and make sure the Bengal is the right match for you and your family. Make this decision thoughtfully. You are about to engage in a relationship that may be in place for the next 20 + years.
· Never buy a kitten or any pet on impulse.
· Never buy a kitten from a pet shop.
· Visit the breeder at home, so you can see where the kitten has grown up.
· A reputable breeder will be pleased to show you the queen and other cats.
· A reputable breeder will take any reasonable amount of time to talk with you about Bengals and to answer your questions.
· You should have lots of questions.
· The living area of the kitten should be clean (this doesn't mean each litter tray has to be spotless every moment) but there should be no large accumulation of dirt.
· Dry food may be left out all the time, but perishable food should be recently served.
· Waterers should have fresh water with no debris, cat food, etc. in the water.
· The premises should have plenty of room for the number of cats present.
· Kittens should appear vigorous and healthy.
· Kittens should have clear eyes, no presence of third eyelid, with bodies well filled out, no pot bellies, no bumps on skin or missing hair, no coughing, sneezing, wheezing.
· The kitten's temperament should be excellent. This does not necessarily mean they will want to be held at the exact moment you want to hold them, but they should not appear timid or fearful.
· They should be alert and inquisitive.
· Kittens should be raised with a lot of human contact, as well as contact with other species if possible. The broader experience they have had as kittens, the better adjusted they will be when they relocate to their new home. It should be obvious they have had frequent and kind handling by humans.
· Kittens usually will go to new homes about 10-
· Kittens should have had a well kitten vet visit prior to going to their new home.
Bengal Kitten Guidelines
Email or Telephone:
Long Island New York (631) 205-
|Snow Color Developement|
|Bengal Snow Kittens|
|Bengal Silver Kittens|
|Bengal Kitten Guideline|
|Bengal Cat Reference Page|
|In The Beginning|